Wednesday 19 May, 2010

Right ??? Wrong ???

I attended a wedding last week ..It was a North n South Wedding... A lovely couple.. Lovely Families..Enjoyed the wedding to the fullest...

ME being the elder ...now there is a pressure on me to get married ... I am not getting the Guy in my community ...not gettin in the sense ...nt getting the guy of my requirements ...My parents r in tension ... A thought came to me ..what if i find a guy who meets up all my requirements in a different community and different state..will my parents agree to it ... I hear many parents sayin to their kids ...We r doing this for ur happiness ..does this state that they are the one to choose to our happiness...Being an individual dont we have the right to choose... when the discussion is on marriage why is it that things are imposed...I think i will be able to understand the situation when i become a parent ....

My above words dont say that i support intercaste/interstate marriage .. I do feel some differences but i think they are minor compared to one's happiness. Well i had this thoughts running in my mind since last night and this wud be the right place to express it...

3 comments:

Harsha J said...

"what if i find a guy who meets up all my requirements in a different community and different state..will my parents agree to it"

if u like sum1, then i think parents shudnt oppose... u hav a life2 lead and hav2 make ur decesions urself..

All The Best for u r search..

Prashanth said...

Being an individual dont we have the right to choose...

ಇದೇ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆಯನ್ನು ನಾನು ನನ್ನ ತಂದೆ-ತಾಯಿಯನ್ನು ಕೇಳಿದಾಗ ಸಿಕ್ಕ ಉತ್ತರ ಏನು ಗೊತ್ತೇ? ನಿನ್ನ ಹೆತ್ತವರಾಗಿ ನಿನಗೆ ಸೂಕ್ತವಾದವರನ್ನು ಹುಡುಕಿ ಮದುವೆ ಮಾಡುವ ಅಧಿಕಾರ ನಮಗೆ ಇಲ್ಲವೇ? ಹೌದು, ಇದೆ, ಅದರೂ..

ನನ್ನ ವೈಯಕ್ತಿಕ ಅನುಭವದಿಂದ ಹೇಳಬೇಕಾದರೆ, ನಮಗೆ ಬೇಕಾದ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಜೀವನ ನಡೆಸಬೇಕಾದರೆ - ನಾವು ಈ ಸಮಾಜದಲ್ಲಿ ಬದುಕಲು ಅರ್ಹರಲ್ಲ!

ಮೇಲಿನದ್ದು ನಿಮ್ಮ ಬರಿಯ ಆಲೋಚನೆಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಆದರೆ ನನ್ನ ನಿಜ ಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಇದು ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿದ್ದು, ಭಾವನಾತ್ಮಕವಾಗಿ ಬಹಳ ನೊಂದಿದ್ದೇನೆ... ಯಾವುದೇ ನಿಶ್ಚಯಕ್ಕೆ ಬರುವ ಮೊದಲು ಮತ್ತೊಮ್ಮೆ, ಮಗದೊಮ್ಮೆ, ಇನ್ನೊಮ್ಮೆ ದಯಮಾಡಿ ಯೋಚಿಸಿ..

Praveen kumar Araveti said...

When u get carried away in love all those things may not matter but after marriage the differences will start cropping up... I think community, caste, religion is a way parents see to get a lifepartner who is from a similar environment and up bringing thus reduce the differences that will comeup after marriage... so that makes sense...